LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
- May the odds have ever been in your favor in securing tickets to The Hunger Games this weekend because we are sold out! Don’t worry, our bets are on this one being around for a while.
- Speaking of, our Friday night screening of Battle Royale is sold out but Saturday is still good to go. Don’t miss the deviance!
- And if killer children isn’t your bag, our other Midnight Movie this weekend is the Austin music doc Echotone.
- Brunch is also where it’s at this weekend as our Crazy for Swayze nears its end on a very upswing with the highly entertaining Road House. Remember remember, Saturday is the day to see it straight while Sunday the Raspberry Brothers will kick out the comedy james (and out of all the Swayze flicks, this is the one to see with some live commentary).
- It’s no secret that the 18-month wait for the new season of Mad Men is FINALLY HERE. Will Don get married? Did Joan have her baby? Is Betty still a bitch? Come find out with us on Sunday in our lobby as we screen the two-hour premiere. It’s free and, though not required, best costumes will be rewarded.
And finally, as always, our VHS Vault offerings are stellar:
- This Monday (March 26) VHS Vault presents the unending surrealist dinner party The Exterminating Angel (Luis Bunuel, 1962). Film begins at 8pm and it’s free!
- And on Thursday, VHS Vault along with Horror Boobs and Wild Eye, present a tribute to metal VHS event. There will be the usual games, pre-show, and tapes along with a showing of 1984’s classic Rocktober Blood.
See you at Nitehawk!