Have you heard? Nitehawk is celebrating its first birthday this weekend and we’ve got the best of the brunch with Raiders of the Lost Ark (in glorious 35mm) and Roadhouse (featuring live Raspberry Brothers comedy stylings). Two men on two very different journeys; both perfect with a Bloody Mary.
How much do I love thee Raiders of the Lost Ark? Let me count the ways…
1) Indiana Jones (aka Harrison Ford) is an adventurous dream boat who embodies brains and braun. I already have “I love you” written on my eyelids.
2) The physical comedy of Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood.
3) That adorable monkey. Who dies.
4) Heads chopped off by
helicopter blades an airplane propeller. Still…how very Dawn of the Dead!
5) The occult. Hidden treasure. Ghosts.
6) Three words: melting Nazi faces.
7) Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?
8) One of the best ending visuals ever. What else does the U.S. government hide?
9) It’s not Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
10) And best of all…Nitehawk is presenting it in 35mm!!!!
The end of our “Crazy for Swayze” month didn’t mean that our love for Roadhouse dwindled. In fact, this movie packs so much of an awesome brunch-punch that we’re re-presenting it with the Raspberry Brothers comedy. This time around they’re featuring a scar contest, a punching bag in the theater, and $3 PBR.
But you want to know why we love it? Here goes…
1) Ben Gazzarra as the bad guy.
2) Probably the most inappropriate fight comment about prison ever!
3) Swayze’s hair.
4) Swayze’s ridiculous body.
5) Kelly Lynch’s 80’s underwear.
6) A special appearance of John Doe.
7) A blind musician behind a cage.
8) Cars as weapons.
9) Killer sculptures.
10) It’s not Dirty Dancing.