Cinema Department Intern (Nitehawk Cinema, Brooklyn) – Summer, 2013
Unpaid Internship. Flexible hours at least 10 hours a week, hybrid position between Nitehawk’s office and working events on the Cinema floor.
Flexible start date. Must obtain college credit.
Description: The internship at Nitehawk Cinema is designed to give intern experience working with film programmers and projectionists in a multi-faceted cinema environment. The intern will receive first-hand knowledge of the administrative, management, and creative aspects involved with film presentation and special event organization in one of New York’s most original movie theaters. The intern will dually report to Programmer/Communication Manager and Nitehawk’s Event Manager.
- Formatting Programming One Sheet containing programmatic details to be distributed to press and incorporated into film pages on our website
- Movie poster resizing, sourcing trailers, pulling key details for shell of film page (director, country, runtime)
- Creating comp lists for special events, printing drink tickets and film passes, preparing event memos with details on special events
- Greeting talent, facilitating beginning of events
- Pulling clips for pre-shows
- Back up and catalog all previous pre-shows
- Blogging and social media assistance as needed
- On-site facilitation for a variety of free events in our Cafe, curated byNitehawk staff and hosted in our downstairs bar
- Pulling imagery for Nitehawk blog and website, as well as fielding PR imagerequests for upcoming films/series Skills & Qualifications:
- Must like film
- Must be proficient in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office andWordPress
- Detail oriented, flexible and enthusiasti
- Must be able to work 1-2 evenings and/or weekend brunches per week
- Must posses a laptop with WiFi capability
- Must be a third or fourth year college student with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must posses proof of participation in University’s internship program, i.e.:prove that you are getting school credit
- Must be able to provide two – three references (academic or professional).
Please email resume, references and a short cover note to email@example.com.