Bill Plympton & Jackie Greene’s Music Video Extravaganza
Run Time: 48 min. Format: Digital Rating: NR Release Year: 2018
It’s a perfect match of fiercely independent artists: Jackie Greene, the rocking singer/songwriter hailed by The New York Times as the “Prince of Americana” and Bill Plympton, the Oscar-nominated “King of indie animation”.
Greene has always had a knack for capturing the human experience in all its messy, emotional complexity in song, and Plympton is well known for coupling his hand-drawn animation and twisted sense of humor with explorations of adult themes, relationships, and sexuality. Together, they’ve created The Modern Lives, an animated music film that takes you on the road from a tripped-out alien invaded Times Square to the deep roots of the American South. Along the way there are encounters with Elvis, Satan, Willie Dixon, an Alabama Queen…. and so much more!
The program will also feature a selection of Plympton’s earlier music video work for Madonna, Kanye West, and “Weird Al” Yankovic.
The Modern Lives is not rated by the MPAA, and some material may be inappropriate for children under the age of 13.
1. Madonna’s “Who’s That Girl” film opening 2:45 min
2. Weird Al Yankovic’s music video “TMZ” 3:40 min
3. Kanye West’s music video “Heard’em Say” 3:11 min
4. Parson Brown’s music video “Mexican Standoff” 3:38min
5. A video of Jackie Greene performing at the SVA event 3min
6. music film “The Modern Lives” animated by Bill Plympton, songs by Jackie Greene 30 min